A Rasul (Messenger) is
- a male adult human who is free and intelligent, to whom Allah has revealed a Sacred Law be it in book form or otherwise, and who was ordered by Him to convey it to the servants
- a female cannot become a messenger
A Nabi (Prophet) is
- a male adult human who is free and intelligent, to whom Allah has revealed a Sacred Law, even though He did not order him to convey it to the creation
- all Rasuls are Nabis
- not all Nabis are Rasuls
- a female cannot become a prophet
Mandatory attributes of rasuls
- siddiq (truthful). Always speaks the truth.
- amanah (trustworthy). Never betrays anybody.
- tabligh (conveying). Conveys all that Allah asked to convey.
- fathanah (wise). Have wisdom when dealing with their people.
Inconceivable attributes of rasuls
- stupidity and dim-wittedness
25 rasuls mentioned in the Quran
Ulul Azmi (great) rasuls
Rasuls with Books
- Musa (Taurah)
- Daud (Zabur)
- Isa (Injil)
- Muhammad (Quran)